Our warmest, most breathable Capilene baselayer is made with low-bulk Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control and is Fair Trade Certified™ for sewing.
The first choice for alpine climbers needing next-to-skin warmth, exceptional breathability for aerobic sprints and a heat-trapping hood to thaw out cold belays. The micro-grid fleece interior of our Capilene® Thermal Weight provides the greatest warmth combined with the greatest breathability of any baselayer in our lineup. Soft, stretchy and compressible, Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face that glides beneath layers and a brushed fleece interior to warm your core, wick moisture and feel smooth against your skin. This fabric also has 30–92% recycled content and is treated with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Product features include a two-layer hood with internal neck tape for next-to-skin comfort, a high collar with anatomical shaping for warmth, a locker loop for hang drying, full underarm gussets for unhindered shoulder mobility, elastic thumb loops for secure hand coverage, flatlock seams that minimize chafing, offset shoulder and side seams that lie smoothly beneath pack straps, and a minimal drop tail for additional coverage.
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control has a smooth face for easy layering; fabric’s open-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance; spandex for stretch and ease of movement
- High collar and self-fabric hood with anatomical shaping for warmth
- Two-layer hood with internal neck tape for comfort; locker loop for hang drying
- Offset shoulder seams eliminate chafing under pack straps
- Full underarm gusset for range of motion and chafe-free comfort
- Elastic thumb loops help cover hands
- Flatlock seams minimize chafing; drop tail for increased coverage
3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric
Solids: 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers: 92% polyester (30% recycled)/8% spandex; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control
Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
218 g (7.7 oz)