Our warmest, most breathable Capilene baselayer is made with low-bulk Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control and is Fair Trade Certified™ for sewing.
When a foot-wide ledge becomes your bed for the night, this compressible zip-neck helps turn up the heat. The micro-grid fleece interior of our Capilene® Thermal Weight provides the greatest warmth combined with the greatest breathability of any baselayer in our lineup. Soft, stretchy and compressible, Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face that glides beneath layers and a brushed fleece interior to warm your core, wick moisture and feel smooth against your skin. This fabric also has 30–92% recycled content and is treated with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Product features include a self-fabric backing on the collar that provides added comfort and a locker loop that lets you hang it to dry, a long center-front zipper for venting, full underarm gussets for unhindered shoulder mobility, elastic thumb loops to help cover your hands, flatlock seams that minimize chafing, offset shoulder and side seams that lie smoothly beneath pack straps, and a drop tail for additional coverage.
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control has a smooth face for easy layering; fabric’s open-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance; spandex for stretch and ease of movement
- Self-fabric backing on collar with internal neck tape for comfort; locker loop for hang drying
- Long center-front zipper vents body heat and is backed by kissing welts for low-bulk comfort next to skin
- Offset shoulder seams and full underarm gusset for range of motion and chafe-free comfort under pack straps
- Elastic thumb loops help cover hands
- Flatlock seams minimize chafing; drop tail for increased coverage
3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric
Solids: 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers: 92% polyester (30% recycled)/8% spandex; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control
Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
176 g (6.2 oz)